A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being interviewed for the Talking Code podcast. If you’re not familiar with Talking Code, it’s really awesome. Created by Josh Smith and Venkat Dinavahi of Coderly, Talking Code aims to help decode and demystify product and technical development.
When they asked me to be on the podcast, I was thrilled because I’m a huge fan of making big topics approachable and trying to talk about things in plain English so people can really understand and learn.
In the episode, we talked about:
- How I got started in user experience … it’s a really round-about story!!
- What exactly is user experience and how is it different from visual design?
- How do you create the ideal team at a startup & what skills are important?
- What should you focus on first, experience design or visual design?
- The approach I use when evaluating an app or product.
- What some common mistakes are that I see in the user experience of apps.
- How you can use storytelling in your product development process.
- What exactly is a storyboard when it’s used in user experience design?
This episode is perfect for anyone who wants to hear about why user experience is so critical today, the path I took to become a user experience design, and some specifics on how to use storytelling techniques in your product development process.
Let me know what you think! It’s my first podcast interview, so I’m curious to hear your ideas, questions, and feedback!