I’m Sarah Doody, a UX Designer & Founder of The UX Portfolio Formula. Here are 3 ways I can help you or your teams.
On-demand UX courses to advance your skills and UX career. Each course includes interactive templates, worksheets, and more to help you take action immediately.
A detailed screen-by-screen analysis of your product with actionable recommendations for how to improve metrics including conversions, engagement, and more.
Need a prototype for your product? Want to do a research project to understand your market or customers? Or need a second opinion? Let’s chat.
Hello! I’m Sarah Doody, a UX Design & Research Consultant, Founder, Writer, and Speaker based in Salt Lake City, UT.
I give product development talks & workshops worldwide that help teams change how they think and work.
I’ve spoken at conferences and delivered workshops around the world on topics including Rapid User Research, Storyboarding In UX, Designing Your Career, and Idea Validation.
Everything I do is all about action. I design my content to have the perfect balance of process, inspiration, and practice.
I am available to speak and deliver full and half-day workshops at conferences and companies worldwide.
Some of the conferences and events I’ve spoken at include:
“In her talk at the Productized Conference 2019, in Lisbon, Sarah Doody showed some examples to define the difference between Anticipatory and Automated Design.
She engaged with our 500 plus audience in a way that was both entertaining and instructive, having the highest NPS from our post-event feedback form.“
– André Marquet, Productized Organizer
Watch my talk Anticipatory Design & The Future of Technology that I gave at the AIGA National Conference in Minneapolis, MN.
My 2020 schedule is filling up fast!
If you’re interested in having me speak or give a workshop for your company or event, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need help with your product or team?
Every product faces the same challenges: attract and converting the right people.
Design is about people, not just pixels. Investing in design leads to more revenue and raving fans who can help grow your business.
To help you attract the right people to your product, I can …
- Conduct lean research to help you understand your market.
- Identify an initial go to market MVP strategy for your product.
- Establish the story of your product and create a homepage that converts.
To help you convert more happy customers, I can …
- Audit your existing product or prototype.
- Optimize key user-flows that are directly related to conversions in your product.
- Rapid prototype new product or feature ideas with you and your team.
Do you need help with your UX career?
Are you a UX professional and want to level up your career?
My students have been hired at Google, Home Depot, American Express, Harvard, Salesforce, General Motors, and more.
To help you create a profitable UX portfolio of your work, I can …
- Teach you what recruiters and hiring managers actually want to see (based on research).
- Show you how to tell the story of each project, so you can go beyond showing deliverables.
- Give you access to templates and resources so you can stop messing with the design of your portfolio and focus on the actual content of it.
To help you reach the next level in your UX career, I can …
- Help idenitfy where you fit in UX and establish a clear career map.
- Show you how to navigate the UX job search and interview process.
- Mentor you one-on-one through career transitions and your new role.
Articles & Resources
Accelerate failure. It’s a bit opposite from what we’re used to.
Normally, we like to run from failure. We like to do everything we can do to avoid it.
As designers, researchers, product managers, etc. we like to think through everything. We like to take our time, explore our options, and tinker with our ideas.
But what if instead you … accelerated failure?
I did another experiment last week…
I launched something that wasn’t perfect. But I knew I needed to launch it so I could gather feedback. It was a series of emails. Because I wanted to give the user control, I had a link that people could click if they didn’t want to get those emails any more.
Here’s a quote I love …
Reid Hoffman, founder of LinkedIn once said, “if you’re not embarrassed by your first release, then you launched too late.”
I heard this saying years ago and always share it with my consulting clients. But as with most “sayings” it’s much easier to say than it is to apply.