Friday Link Pack
A lot caught my eye this week for some design and non design related articles, videos, and products.
The challenge with design is that the learning process is never over. If you want to learn user experience design, let me tell you – there’s no end point. Your education will never be over. You’ll always be learning new techniques, new technologies, new devices.
But in addition to these learning areas, you’ll also be continuously gathering information, inspiration, and ideas in every day life. I’m a sponge for information and my brain is like an encyclopedia of ideas that I draw on constantly when I’m working on projects.
Hopefully these links prove to be inspirational for a project you’re working on now or six months from now. If something sparks your attention, tuck it away for later.
Here’s today’s Friday link pack:
- General Electric formed a new group, GE Digital, to help it go head to head with IBM and dominate the Internet of things.
- Ever feel like you can’t find what you’re looking for on the Emoji keyboard? Check out Emojipedia. You’re welcome.
- Place.it is a website that lets you mock up your app or website in a pretty product shot (eg. iPhone in hand, website on laptop at cute coffee shop, etc). This will save you tons of time trying to mock stuff up in Photoshop!
- Need motivation to work out? Tep is a tamagotchi like app that will encourage you to stay active. Get ready to get addicted – I was addicted to my little tamagotchi when I was in high school!
- The Steve Jobs movie is out this week. Here’s the trailer.
- This article about designing for the elderly is really insightful and very eye opening.
That’s all for this week! Have a fantastic weekend!
PS: Want more inspiration? Sign up for my weekly UX newsletter where I share more detailed insights, ideas, and information about UX & product design.