Friday Link Pack
If you’re curious how my running training is going, here’s a little update: I think I’m on track to still run the NYC Marathon on November 1. I’m really excited and a little nervous too. Stay tuned for more updates as the race gets closer!
Everyone uses the saying: it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon for so many things in life. I’d say this is a great analogy for learning about user experience. Sure, you can take a 3-month course and learn the fundamentals. But, you need to put in the years of practice of just doing user experience and learning more through project after project that you do.
The education of a designer is never over. That’s why I’m a sponge for information and always gathering new ideas from other industries and thinkers. Hopefully some of the ideas and links I share with you each week help open up parts of the world, business, and life that you didn’t think about before.
Ok, now on with today’s Friday link pack:
- Have you heard of FutureLearn? It’s a new online platform for learning.
- You should follow @pymnts on twitter if you want to stay up to date on what’s next in payments and commerce.
- I’m convinced that half of everything in life is about mental toughness. Here’s advice from Navy SEALs and Olympians on increasing your mental toughness.
- Selective attention. Do you believe it’s real? Then try this cool test in this YouTube video, and then go challenge your colleagues to do the test!
- In case you need more convincing; the hamburger menu doesn’t work. The hamburger menu is the name for the 3 horizontal bars to indicate a menu on an app or mobile website.
- Do you use Spotify to listen to music? Do you run? Do you want to run faster? Then try out Spotify’s running feature.
That’s all for this week! Have a fantastic weekend!
PS: Want more inspiration? Sign up for my weekly UX newsletter where I share more detailed insights, ideas, and information about UX & product design.